Friday, July 21, 2006

The Arrow Lakes needs a little more excitement


So, the communications interns sent out press releases to everyone's home newspaper. Today some fellow from the Arrow Lakes News called to interview me about my internship. I found it incredibly difficult to describe what I do and have it make sense to a lay person. Cataloging begins to sound a lot like data entry, even though it requires thought and creativity. Does the average person know what reference is? I forgot to mention that the broadcast library doesn't have any books, forgetting that people might not realize this. And...on top of it all, I am worried that I am going to be misquoted or give librarianship a bad name. Granted, will anyone read this article or care? Probably not. But since a few trees being cut down on Morton's beach make the news cut, I guess a small town girl working for one of the world's foremost public broadcasting organizations might get a second glance. Maybe. I mean, I guess it is slightly more newsworthy then that time my picture was in the paper for dressing up as a mime in the July 1st parade. Here's the picture I was bullied into submitting. Pretty dorky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

cute hair!!!

4:38 PM  
Blogger heather. said...

Thanks. After the week where it was 2 zillion degrees (farenheit), I decided it all just needed to go.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home